Saturday, September 17, 2011

CONTAGION

RYAN: So after seeing the new movie Contagion, I think a better title might have been How to Become a Germaphobe!

CAROLINE: [laughs] ...Without Really Trying?

RYAN: Exactly. I feel like one already; but I swear, it took all my strength not to hightail it to the nearest Bath & Body Works to stock up on instant hand sanitizers.

CAROLINE: Their stuff is a lil too fragrant for my taste.

RYAN: I love their new Halloween scents. Anyway, Contagion is pretty intense. I saw it with my pal Kimmy who was also into it.

CAROLINE: So tell me already - how was Gwynnie Paltrow?

RYAN: It's an ensemble piece overall and she's very good in this. It's a triple Academy Award winning Best Actress movie, directed by Steven Soderbergh, the man who brought us Traffic and Erin Brockovich.

CAROLINE: Among others... he's good. How was Kate Winslet? How did she look?

RYAN: This just in - she's amazing. And her American accent is just spot-on. She plays an MD who looks rather plain but I love her and I love even more Marion Cotillard who also plays an MD but looks a bit more glam. I wish her role had been bigger.

CAROLINE: And then there's the Matt Damon and Jude Law.

RYAN: The Matt was great. I never really give him that much credit on screen but he's really good. And it was cool seeing him re-teamed with Gwynnie. And Jude, what can I say? We know him to be so nice and he was terrific in this.

CAROLINE: They're all friends so that must have been fun for them. How does it compare to that Dustin Hoffman movie Outbreak?

RYAN: Well, ultimately, it's the same movie but much, much better; a better script and the casting is brilliant.

CAROLINE: I wanna see it but is it very gross?

RYAN: It has a few moments including one which I looked away from the screen but then, of course, I looked back just in time to see the grossness.

CAROLINE: Why does that always happen?!

RYAN: I nigh! I'm recommending this one. It's def cinematic.

-- RATING --

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/WeSeeMovies/~3/MWqGVDzL0sE/contagion.html

movie news movie reviews spider-man box office director

No comments:

Post a Comment