Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Trailer Tuesdays!

RYAN: It's a bit of a slow week this Trailer Tuesdays, with only one movie new to us this week. It's the romantic comedy No Strings Attached with Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher.CAROLINE: Which is not be be confused with the similarly themed Friends with Benefits which comes out this summer and stars Mila Kunis and Justin Timberlake.RYAN: Heaven help me, but I'm actually interested in No Strings Attached. Maybe it's because I'm loving Natalie P. at the moment. CAROLINE: I guess I'm interested too, just because of its genre. And I don't hate Ashton Kutcher like some people do.RYAN: My expectations are super, super low though since romantic comedies have proven to be just predictable and terrible in the last, like, 5 years. I have little hope. And if indeed it does suckify, will it hurt Natalie's momentum going into the Oscar race?CAROLINE: That's a good question. There's no doubt she'll be nominated for an Oscar, but if people hate this movie, I suppose it could cloud their opinion of her when it comes to voting. That would be pretty shallow though.RYAN: I'm intrigued that this movie's rated R. That's not usually the case with rom coms.CAROLINE: Totally! That gives me hope. Natalie is an executive producer on the film and I read that she wanted to make the movie kind of bawdy, like a female Superbad. I'm so on board with that. Check out the trailer here: CAROLINE: Also new in theaters this week is The Company Men, which stars a bevy of Oscar winners - Tommy Lee Jones, Ben Affleck, Chris Cooper and Kevin Costner - and is about corporate downsizing, the economy, etc.RYAN: We saw this movie ages ago, and even reviewed it already. What gives?CAROLINE: I know, I just thought I'd mention it since it's the only other big release this week and I didn't want people to think we'd forgotten about it.RYAN: Fair enough. I liked this movie more than you. It's got such an awesome cast. In addition to the guys, there's also Rosemarie DeWitt and Maria Bello. CAROLINE: I just found it so depressing; but yes, the cast is great. Watch the trailer here: Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

director actor actress film script

No comments:

Post a Comment