Saturday, June 4, 2011

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS

CAROLINE: Water For Elephants is a new movie based on a very popular book from a few years ago that neither of us read. But I didn't mind, because then the story wasn't ruined for me. And it's quite a dramatic story.

RYAN: It stars Oscar winners Christoph Waltz and Reese Witherspoon as a married couple in a traveling circus in the '30s, as well as Robert Pattinson of Twilight fame.

CAROLINE: This definitely feel like a "very serious movie." It's a period piece, and the Depression plays a big role in the film. Overall, I enjoyed it, but I didn't realize it was going to be so heavy, especially at the end.

RYAN: I was unable to attend the screening with you but definitely want to see this one. You know how much I love Reese. How is she?

CAROLINE: She's great. First and foremost, she looks great; awesome hair, cool costumes, all very '30s. She gets to do all these tricks with horses and elephants, though sometimes it was clearly a body double.

RYAN: How's her chemistry with R. Pattinson?

CAROLINE: Well, she's married to Christoph Waltz, who's once again the villain, a role he always plays deliciously. But she does have some simmer with R. Patz that goes pretty well. They're not sizzling up the screen or anything, but I bought it.

RYAN: And how's the elephant?

CAROLINE: [laughs] She's good. Very well trained. There were a few times where I was like, "Whoa, did Reese really just do that stunt with an elephant or did they green screen it? Because it looks really freaking dangerous." Perhaps we'll never know.

RYAN: Do you think all the Robert Pattinson fans will want to rush out and see it?

CAROLINE: Honestly, it's a very mature film; I'm not sure that 'tweens and teens will like it. Our parents definitely would though. I think Robert P. is playing it very smart by doing other kinds of movies while Twilight is still in the works. That way he's not pigeonholed as the guy who can only do Twilight and nothing else.

RYAN: It's a good career move, for shizz. I'm really looking forward to seeing this one. Should I pay 13 bucks to see it in the theater?

CAROLINE: If you did I doubt you'd regret it, but it's not necessarily a must-see on the big screen.
It's very well shot and very adult but it's not like it's got action or CGI that requires a big screen viewing.

-- BOTTOM LINE --

CAROLINE: I liked this movie. I didn't adore it, but it maintained my interest throughout and the cast is great. I liked the circus aspect and the animals. It's definitely heavy; possibly over-the-top at times, but not enough to really bother me. Fans of the book will definitely want to see it and everyone else can decide if they'd rather wait for it to be on cable. Get ready for some drama.

-- RATING --

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/WeSeeMovies/~3/CtSGUNMWN3s/water-for-elephants.html

film script comedy drama action

No comments:

Post a Comment