Friday, June 10, 2011

Trailer Tuesdays!

RYAN: It's a weak week at the movies this Trailer Tuesdays. I can't say I'm excited for any of the three new films coming out.

CAROLINE: Ugh, me neither. Starting with Fast Five - seriously, people? Hasn't this franchise worn out its welcome?

RYAN: Not if there's still money to be made! This one introduces Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to the franchise and brings back the usual suspects, Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Jordana Brewster. I can't believe this franchise is 10 years old already.

CAROLINE: I can't believe we're still talking about it. It's guns, cars, violence and explosions; a total boy movie. I'm sure it'll have an audience of teen dudes but for the rest of us, it's not even a blip on the radar. Check out the trailer here:

RYAN: Next up is Prom, a Disney movie that actually looks a little bit cute.

CAROLINE: Yeah, I'd totally see this movie for free, but sadly I won't; it screened on the same night as Water for Elephants last week.

RYAN: It's a cast full of nobodies, except for one girl from Friday Night Lights, which is fine for a movie like this. But to me it looks like a made-for-TV movie than one for the big screen.

CAROLINE: I hear you. Though I must admit that upon seeing the trailer for the first time, it brought me back to my high school years and the prom-related angst that we all go through.

RYAN: Oh, totally. It looks like a rental to me now, but if I were in high school or middle school, I'm sure I'd be all over it. Watch the trailer here:

RYAN: Finally, there's Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil, an animated film that's a sequel.

CAROLINE: I don't think I've seen one ad for this movie on TV. How's it possibly going to compete with Rio and Hop?

RYAN: Honey, it's not remotely a contender. I saw the first Hoodwinked in 2005 and I'm shocked they even made a sequel. I hated the first one so much; it bored me and actually made me a bit ill. It's like watching a roller coaster - but not like Ice Age and not like on a ride at Disney World either.

CAROLINE: At the very least it does feature the voices of some actors we like - Bill Hader, Amy Poehler, Glenn Close and Martin Short. But that's all I can say about it.

RYAN: It's got a lot of characters from fairy tales like Hansel and Gretel, Red Riding Hood and the Three Little Pigs. Other than that, I know very little about this movie and plan on keeping it that way. Watch the trailer here:

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/WeSeeMovies/~3/37FaY-_PHMc/trailer-tuesdays_26.html

movies movie trailers movie news movie reviews spider-man

No comments:

Post a Comment