Friday, May 6, 2011

Trailer Tuesdays!

RYAN: We've got three big new releases this week, all with major stars, so let's get to it. Our most anticipated by far is Hanna. CAROLINE: This is probably the movie I'm most excited for this spring. I love Saoirse Ronan, and the director, Joe Wright, made one of the best movies of the last decade, Atonement. RYAN: This definitely looks like it could be one of the most exciting movies this year. Loooove Cate Blanchett!! Her Southern accent in the trailer is beyond fab.CAROLINE: It co-stars Eric Bana as a dad who teaches his teenage daughter all these survivalist skills as well as how to be an assassin. It reminds me a little of Kick-Ass, minus the comedic angle.RYAN: I don't know that I ever pictured Miss Saoirse as a bad-ass killer, but she seems pretty convincing in the trailer.CAROLINE: She rocks. I think she's the next generation's Kate Winslet or Cate Blanchett. Check out the trailer here: RYAN: Next up is the remake of Arthur, a comedy that starred Dudley Moore back in 1981.CAROLINE: It's 30 years later, and now it's starring Russell Brand, which I can't say I'm thrilled about.RYAN: You're such a Russell Brand hater lately! CAROLINE: I'm trying not to be. I love Katy Perry and I want her to be happy. But he looks like a woman, and he's so unattractive. He can definitely be funny but every time I see an ad for this movie, I'm astounded by how unfunny it is. I don't think I tittered even once watching the trailer. Maybe it's just bad writing.RYAN: Well, I'm super psyched for it. I grew up with the original and used to watch it all the time as a kid. I know it backwards and forwards and am looking forward to the update. It's a fun premise, so why not remake it? And I like how this time around his 'nanny' is a gal, and no less than Helen Mirren!CAROLINE: Helen is always great, and we love Jennifer Garner, of course. Perhaps the two of them will make this more tolerable. I just feel like this is a vehicle for Russell Brand, and one that I'm not willing to ride.RYAN: I think you should give it a shot. It's a really funny movie, and hopefully the new version will pay the proper homage to the original. Watch the trailer here: CAROLINE: Lastly we have Your Highness, a pot comedy from the director of the surprisingly hilarious Pineapple Express.RYAN: I so don't care about this movie. I'm not a pot person, so these movies never interest me.CAROLINE: Yeah, but it's got Natalie Portman and James Franco! And Danny McBride is funny too. I'm not a big pot person either, but I don't think that matters if the movie is funny on its own. And I like that it's a fake fairy tale. RYAN: Yeah, I guess. I do like Zooey Deschanel, who's also in it. But this is one I can easily skip and not feel like I'm missing anything.CAROLINE: I'll see it. The trailer makes me laugh more than the one for Arthur, that's for sure. I doubt it'll be great, but I'm anticipating at least a few laughs. Check out the trailer here: Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

movies movie trailers movie news movie reviews spider-man

No comments:

Post a Comment