Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Movie News - Morgan Spurlock Takes Over

RYAN: You know I complain whenever I notice product placement in movies. It's one of my biggest pet peeves ever.CAROLINE: I know honey; it does irk you but I barely notice it.RYAN: It's just that it takes me out of the story because just then all I can think is "I wonder how much cizash that brand coughed up for this movie." But now, I love that Morgan Spurlock is taking on the notion of sponsorship in his new doc POM Wonderful Presents The Greatest Movie Ever Sold.CAROLINE: Yeah that should provide some interesting commentary.RYAN: Even the title of the film was sold. And in another recent press move, the actual town of Altoona, PA is literally changing the city's name to POM Wonderful Presents The Greatest Movie Ever Sold, PA. CAROLINE: How is that even possible?RYAN: Apparently a city has naming rights and Spurlock purchased them for 60 days.CAROLINE: How will anyone living there get their mail for two months?RYAN: [laughs] Good question. I just think it's ridiculous already... everything has a price.CAROLINE: Well movies are expensive and it's no surprise that studios have to take money where they can sometimes to finance them.RYAN: I know. I just still hate it when it affects the suspension of disbelief. Anyway. I'm looking forward to this doc. Check out the trailer:Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

movie news movie reviews spider-man box office director

No comments:

Post a Comment