Friday, April 22, 2011

YOUR HIGHNESS

CAROLINE: Your Highness is a new stoner comedy from the same guy who directed Pineapple Express, which was an infinitely funnier movie.RYAN: I hate movies like this, and had no patience for this one. Was it as bad as I told you it would be?CAROLINE: Ugh. So lame. I don't know if I laughed out loud even once.RYAN: Typical.CAROLINE: Yeah, I wasn't shocked that it wasn't that funny... but I thought I might get a few decent laughs out of it. Danny McBride is funny in general, but most of his jokes here fell flat. I can only handle so many penis and masturbation jokes, thank you.RYAN: Were there pot references throughout?CAROLINE: Actually, I was surprised at how few drug references there were. There's one big scene where Danny McBride, who's the sad sack of the movie, gets stoned and misses his handsome brother's wedding, but that's kind of it.RYAN: And the brother is played by James Franco?CAROLINE: Correct. He's all right. The movie is supposed to be this medieval fairy tale, and they're on a mission to kill the evil warlock, who's played by a very funny Justin Theroux. He actually redeemed the movie for me a little bit. It was nice to see him back on the big screen; he's been behind the scenes for a while.RYAN: What about Natalie Portman?CAROLINE: I will say this; she looks beyond gorgeous. She does a fine job, but she's not particularly funny. And then Zooey Deschanel plays the damsel in distress role, and she's her usual spaced out self.RYAN: Shut up, I love her!CAROLINE: I know you do, but you have to admit she's a little stiff and one-note at times.RYAN: Fine, I can admit that.CAROLINE: Honestly, I barely remember the movie and I only saw it 3 days ago. It's completely forgettable, and something you probably wouldn't even watch for very long on cable before changing the channel. Movies like this can be funny, but when the humor is this juvenile, it's a real stretch. It's a waste of a great cast. -- BOTTOM LINE --CAROLINE: I can't recommend this movie, even for fans of the genre. I suppose Danny McBride fans might like it, and I did enjoy Justin Theroux, but there's really little else going for it. It's not nearly funny enough. Maybe for teenage boys - they'll like all the sex jokes.-- RATING --Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

comedy drama action movies movie trailers

No comments:

Post a Comment