Friday, April 22, 2011

HOP

RYAN: I must have really been in the mood for a family film when I attended the press screening of the new movie Hop because I kinda loved it.CAROLINE: Wild horses couldn't have dragged me to see this one. You know I hate kids' movies. And the sound of Russell Brand's voice is beyond grating.RYAN: Well, this one is actually a lot like Who Framed Roger Rabbit in that it's live action with an animated bunny and it has some good, humorous moments for adults but definitely skews more to the younger side. It's from the same people who did Despicable Me, and the chicks are a bit reminiscent of the minions.CAROLINE: That's just so not my cup of tea. I tend to dislike even partial animation, and I didn't love Despicable Me despite the presence of Steve Carell's voice.RYAN: I know, and that's why you're not reviewing this movie. I am. It stars James Marsden as the human lead and the voice of Russell Brand as the animated lead, the bunny, if you will.CAROLINE: I won't. But go on.RYAN: [laughs] You would have at least liked moments in the movie. It's cute and clever and the animation in the bunny world is some of the best candy factory stuff this side of Willy Wonka.CAROLINE: It's an Easter film, right?RYAN: Yes, it's about the Easter Bunny and there are far too few fun Easter movies. I love Easter Parade, the musical with Fred Astaire and Judy Garland and then there's the TV movie about the Easter Bunny; but this is a decent big screener.CAROLINE: Anyone else noteworthy in it?RYAN: Russell actually makes a cameo as a human, which was fun, and Chelsea Handler is in it too.CAROLINE: That's good for her. She's probably dying to get her own film.RYAN: There's also Hugh Laurie, Hank Azaria and Elizabeth Perkins. Overall, it's a sweet story, a lot of fun and just the right length. And it makes you wanna eat jelly beans.CAROLINE: Honey, I don't need a movie for that.-- BOTTOM LINE --RYAN: Not for just everyone to run out and see, but for those who are interested in family films... or a good Easter pick for the kiddies. By all means, enjoy it!-- RATING --Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

movie news movie reviews spider-man box office director

No comments:

Post a Comment