Wednesday, December 22, 2010

YOGI BEAR

RYAN: Yogi Bear is a new movie for the kids, but honestly it felt like I was watching good quality regional children's theater.CAROLINE: [laughs] This movie features the voice talents of Dan Aykroyd as Yogi and Justin Timberlake as Boo Boo, and honestly, if I didn't know it was JT, I wouldn't have been able to tell. He totally uses a different voice. It's also part animated, part live action, which made it only slightly less painful for me to watch.RYAN: The 3D and animation is excellent; this movie is what Who Framed Roger Rabbit could only dream of being. The live actors include Anna Faris and Tom Cavanaugh from TV's Ed. CAROLINE: I was pretty embarrassed for both of them throughout the movie, especially Anna Faris who had about 6 lines and then just had to mug for the camera a lot.RYAN: But that's how people act in kids' movies. They have to overact a little. This movie really is for very young children; it's so juvenile. I like family films, but this one is really for a pre-school audience.CAROLINE: It did made me chuckle a few times, but after that I took a nap for a good 15-20 minutes.RYAN: The whole movie is only 80 minutes, so it really couldn't be shorter. The plot is cute but very thin. It's not enough to really engage you as an adult without kids accompanying you.CAROLINE: I can't say I hated it, and I'm sure kids will like it, but it's very silly with only a couple of cute, funny moments. This is the kind of movie you would only go to if you had to bring your kids to see it. It doesn't have the edge or the sarcasm of some other animated films that adults enjoy. And watching poor Tom Cavanaugh, who really hasn't gotten much work lately, play against Yogi made me sad for the state of his career.RYAN: If you're a parent with kids under 10, this movie is an option for you. But no one else needs to see it, unless you fondly remember Yogi and he's your favorite childhood character.CAROLINE: Even then you probably don't need to waste your time on this.-- BOTTOM LINE --RYAN: It's cute and the effects are very good, but it's by no means a must see. If you're taking your kids to it though, you should spring for the 3D screening. It makes it more fun.CAROLINE: This movie is for the very young. I, of course, was semi-miserable throughout the movie, but it was blessedly short which is always appreciated.-- RATING --Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

script comedy drama action movies

No comments:

Post a Comment