Tuesday, December 21, 2010

TANGLED

RYAN: I really wish you had joined me for this movie. Although you don't love animated films, you did enjoy the Disney princess movies of yore and this is another brilliant one for the pile.CAROLINE: Yes, I enjoyed them... when I was a child.RYAN: But you know Disney knows how to churn out an insta-classic, arguably better than any other company. And they brought out the big gun for this one by the likes of Alan Menken. He's the guy who did the songs for The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast. CAROLINE: I'm familiar with him, and he's great. And I'll admit I thought this trailer was pretty cute. How are his tunes in this flick?RYAN: Fantastic. He's a genius songwriter. And I love that we get two musicals the same week. Between Tangled and Burlesque, it's a feast for musical lovers at the box office right now.CAROLINE: OK, breathe. Did you like this one as much as Burlesque?RYAN: I loved this movie too. It's a great retelling of Rapunzel and Mandy Moore works it out as her voice. The animation is amazing and it's cool in 3D. I kept feeling nervous that her hair would break off or she'd trip on it or something though.CAROLINE: [laughs] Well, the whole point is that Rapunzel's hair is really strong, so...RYAN: And in this version it's magical. I'll take magic in movies any day.CAROLINE: I know you will, honey.RYAN: The wicked mother in this is voiced by Donna Murphy and she's fabulous. I feel like the writers must have been inspired by the role of the witch from the Sondheim musical Into the Woods here though, because she reminded me of her a lot, even though she's not a witch.CAROLINE: Not a bad thing to be reminiscent of though.RYAN: Indeed not.CAROLINE: How were the other voices? Zachary Levi from TV's Chuck, right?RYAN: He's great. There's also Brad Garrett, Ron Perlman, Jeffrey Tambor, all good.CAROLINE: Any cute, funny, little creature friends?RYAN: Of course. Rapunzel's bestie is a little chameleon.CAROLINE: Typical.-- BOTTOM LINE --RYAN: I don't have to do the hard sell here. It's Disney. It's princess. It's a musical. All good. All wonderful. All classic.-- RATING --Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

movie trailers movie news movie reviews spider-man box office

No comments:

Post a Comment