Friday, December 31, 2010

Trailer Tuesdays!

RYAN: The week between Christmas and New Year's is notoriously slow for new releases, and this week is no exception. Howe'er, there are a few indies coming out in limited release tomorrow that we should discuss.CAROLINE: Let's start with Blue Valentine, one of my most anticipated movies of the year. It co-stars Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling, and it's been talked about since making a huge splash at Sundance.RYAN: I really like both these actors and have high expectations for this one. There seem to be a lot of quite relationship movies this season, and this is one if the most buzzed about. It looks intense. CAROLINE: Very intense. I think Michelle Williams is crying in almost every scene of the trailer. It's about a couple and their courtship and then ultimate demise of their marriage. I hope it's not a major weeper.RYAN: It certainly could be. But these two are such huge acting talents that I can't imagine not seeing this movie.CAROLINE: Oh, I'm totally in! I can't wait for it. Watch the trailer here: RYAN: Next up is a movie from British director Mike Leigh, Another Year. CAROLINE: I'm dying to see this movie! I don't know that much about it, but I always enjoy Mike Leigh films. And one of the supporting actresses, Lesley Manville, is getting raves for her performance.RYAN: This movie looks like it could either be great or totally boring. I see old people.CAROLINE: [laughs] Well, it's also got Jim Broadbent, who I know you loved in Moulin Rouge! I think it looks great, albeit slow and small. I want to give it a shot. Check out the trailer here: RYAN: Finally, there's the new Javier Bardem movie Biutiful, which I feel like I've been hearing about all year. CAROLINE: Oh Javier! He's one of my favorite hot men in Hollywood. And this movie is from the director Alejandro Gonz�lez I��rritu who also made Babel and 21 Grams, both excellent movies.RYAN: I like Javier but you definitely have to be in the mood for a foreign film to get into this one, let's be honest. Maybe they'll remake it as an English language movie and then I'll watch it. Just kidding.CAROLINE: I hear you. Foreign films aren't always my #1 pick, but I'd like to see this one because of Javier and the director's past great movies. But this trailer doesn't really give you much of a sense of what this movie's about. There's a chinless woman who keeps popping up and virtually no dialogue.RYAN: I can't tell what's going on. There's a kid, and Javier Bardem talks about dying, or not dying. It looks a little weird.CAROLINE: I like the idea of seeing Javier do a movie in his native tongue though. This one isn't at the top of my list, but I plan to check it out at some point. Watch the trailer here: Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

box office director actor actress film

No comments:

Post a Comment