Friday, March 18, 2011

Trailer Tuesdays!

RYAN: Lots of new movies to discuss this Trailer Tuesdays! Apparently, March is gonna show us a lot of new releases. Let's start with our most anticipated flick, The Adjustment Bureau.CAROLINE: I want to be excited for this movie, and I am... but I can't help but remember it was supposed to come out last fall and got bumped to now. Never a good sign.RYAN: But it looks waymazing! We love Emily Blunt and we know Matt Damon can serve up some good action. I'm thinking it could be the best movie of the year so far. Or maybe I'm just hoping so...CAROLINE: I'm hoping so too, but will proceed with caution. The trailer is great though; it's got overtones of Inception. The premise is cool too - it's got a sci-fi vibe and it's based on a Philip K. Dick story.RYAN: That is so up my alley! And I'm interested to see what kind of chemistry Matt D. has with John Krasinski's wife.CAROLINE: Emily Blunt had to do some kind of ballet training for this role, though not nearly to the extremes of Natalie Portman in Black Swan. We'll see how her dancing stacks up. Watch the trailer here: RYAN: Next up is Beastly, which is based on the story of Beauty and the Beast. I'm so psyched for all the upcoming live action fairy tale movies like this one and Red Riding Hood. Bring 'em on! CAROLINE: This just seems like such a teenybopper movie though. I can't get that jazzed for it.RYAN: I love the premise, but I just worry the casting is really cheesy. Mary-Kate Olsen, Vanessa "High School Musical girl" Hudgens and of course the new It Boy, Alex Pettyfer, who we just saw in I Am Number Four. CAROLINE: Exactly my point. I don't think you and I are the target demo for this movie. I'll see it for free, but other than that, no thank you. Check out the trailer here: RYAN: There's also a new animated family film, Rango, coming to theaters this weekend. This one features the voice talents of Johnny Depp along with Isla Fisher, lil' Abigail Breslin and Timothy Olyphant.CAROLINE: I've already seen my kids' movie for the quarter. Count me out for this one.RYAN: It's got a great cast and great looking animation. I think it looks like a fun, albeit cutesy, Western. I could be down for this kind of Western.CAROLINE: I'm just worried that Johnny Depp is going to be making primarily kids' movies from here on out. That seems to be his M.O. lately and it doesn't sit well with me.RYAN: Don't worry, honey. He'll keep making oh-so-great movies like The Tourist in his free time, just for you.CAROLINE: Please. Spare me. Check out the Rango trailer here: RYAN: Lastly, we've got Take Me Home Tonight, an '80s comedy starring Topher Grace. CAROLINE: This movie looks fun and cute, though certainly not great. I also read it was filmed in 2007! The fact that it's coming out 4 years later is not a good sign.RYAN: It looks like such a broad comedy. You can tell from the trailer it's a rental at best. But I do like Anna Faris!CAROLINE: Yeah, the cast definitely has some appeal. This is another one I'd see for free but wouldn't pay $13 for.RYAN: You and me both. Though I'm sure the soundtrack is awesome. Watch the trailer here: Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

actor actress film script comedy

No comments:

Post a Comment