Wednesday, March 16, 2011

HALL PASS

CAROLINE: Hall Pass is the new comedy from the Farrelly brothers starring Owen Wilson, SNL's Jason Sudeikis, Christina Applegate and Jenna Fischer, aka Pam from The Office. RYAN: I was so hoping to attend this screening with you, but due to my bronchitis, I could not. Color me bummed. How was it?CAROLINE: I'm not sure what you would have thought of it, but I thought it was freaking hilarious. I LOL'ed throughout. It's highly quotable too.RYAN: Wow, really?? A comedy that's actually funny? We haven't seen one of those in ages!CAROLINE: Believe me, I'm as surprised as you are, though there's really no reason to be. The Farrelly brothers have turned out consistently funny movies over the years, including There's Something About Mary and The Heartbreak Kid. RYAN: Does this one include their usual gross-out humor though? I have a low threshold for that.CAROLINE: So do I, but in this movie it totally works. Yes, there are poop jokes, and I know that usually disappoints us; but this movie is a totally adult, totally rated R raunch fest, so a little poop didn't bother me. One scene was juvenile and annoying, but the rest was hilarious. And there's full frontal male nudity!RYAN: Male nudity?! That's something you don't see every day.CAROLINE: I know, right? The audience was dying. There are so many funny moments. It's totally crass, but the Farrelly brothers are known for that, and it's not dumbed down for a PG-13 audience, which I really appreciated. I'm sure the humor isn't for everyone, but I found it laugh-out-loud funny.RYAN: I'm sure I would have too. How's my girl Christina Applegate?CAROLINE: She's good. All of the characters and scenarios are totally relatable for people our age. The scenarios are totally realistic while still being zany and fun. It's definitely a comedy, but it addresses marriage and fidelity and parenting and all that jazz in a serious way. Joy Behar has a little cameo, as does Richard Jenkins, whom I adore.RYAN: What about Owen Wilson? You usually hate him.CAROLINE: I find him alarmingly unattractive, but he didn't bother me as much in this movie. His character is a little dorky, which suits him. I'm tired of him playing the supposed hot stud all the time. He actually has a moment at the end that made me mist up a little.RYAN: Wow! Who would have thought?-- BOTTOM LINE --CAROLINE: This is a thoroughly enjoyable and highly entertaining comedy for those who don't mind a little raunch. I laughed out loud a lot, as did the entire audience. It's over the top at times, but I didn't mind because I was too busy laughing. The cast is great too. Finally - a worthy comedy!!! Thank you, Farrelly brothers!-- RATING --Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

comedy drama action movies movie trailers

No comments:

Post a Comment