Sunday, March 20, 2011

THE LINCOLN LAWYER

CAROLINE: Matthew McConaughey stars in the new courtroom drama/thriller, The Lincoln Lawyer, which co-stars Marisa Tomei, Ryan Phillippe and William H. Macy. I must say I went into this movie with pretty low expectations.RYAN: Why? I thought the trailer was decent.CAROLINE: It was OK, but I'm a little bit over Matthew McC lately. Having said that, he was great and I really liked the movie.RYAN: All right, now we're getting somewhere!CAROLINE: Matthew McConaughey still totally has the suave, charismatic thing down. He plays a slick lawyer who works out of his chauffeured car and usually defends criminals and druggies, but then gets a case where his client is a rich Beverly Hills kid.RYAN: I'll assume that's Ryan Phillippe.CAROLINE: Indeed. It feels like it could have been based on a John Grisham book, but it's based on a novel by Michael Connelly. It's a really good movie with lots of twists and turns. I was totally engaged; though it's a little too long.RYAN: Ugh, why do they always do that?CAROLINE: It felt like the movie ended and then it kept going for 10 or 15 minutes. Turns out those last few minutes were pivotal, and good stuff was revealed, but it felt a little tacked on. It wasn't a dealbreaker though. It's still a fun movie that I'd recommend.RYAN: I'm so excited to finally have some decent movies in theaters!CAROLINE: You and me both! I don't know if I liked it so much because I went in with such low expectations, but I was sitting there thinking, "Wow, this is so much better than I thought it would be!"RYAN: How's the rest of the cast?CAROLINE: Marisa Tomei is gorge. She doesn't have a huge part, but I liked the relationship between her and Matthew McConaughey. They're divorced but very friendly, and they're still attracted to each other. Ryan Phillippe is fine - he's somewhat annoying, but he plays the bad boy very well. And William H. Macy is great, as always. I was totally into it.RYAN: I'm so glad it wasn't predictable and lame.CAROLINE: Well, you're always good at predicting what's going to happen, but this one has some good twists. It's not necessarily shocking at any point, but it keeps you on your toes. And the client relationship between Matthew McConaughey and Ryan Phillippe is pretty fascinating. It's a fun movie that adults of all ages will enjoy. -- BOTTOM LINE --CAROLINE: I was surprised by how much I liked this movie. It's got an intriguing story, and is a fun courtroom drama. Matthew McConaughey's still got it, and the whole cast is great. I liked the twists and it kept me engaged throughout. It's about time we got a decent movie up in here. Check this one out! -- RATING --Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

film script comedy drama action

No comments:

Post a Comment