Tuesday, December 21, 2010

TRON: LEGACY

RYAN: It's time to welcome the cinematic reality jump into video gaming, Tron, back to the big screen and we only had to wait 30 years!CAROLINE: I contemplated going to this screening with you, though I would have been going reluctantly. This is so not my genre. Luckily for me, in the end I couldn't make it.RYAN: Your loss, honey. This movie is fabulous! It's one of the most delightful I've seen in a long time.CAROLINE: I doubt delightful is what they're going for.RYAN: [laughs] Maybe not. But it is nonetheless. It's the stuff of any incredible summer blockbuster which just happens to be hitting later in the year.CAROLINE: Well good movies do come out around Christmas so it's not that unusual to have a big effects flick.RYAN: The 3D and effects are beyond! Seriously the absolute best 3D since Avatar.CAROLINE: Well that is noteworthy since so much 3D this year was completely unremarkable.RYAN: They did a wonderful storytelling device, like using color in The Wizard of Oz, where the movie opens and closes in 2D but all the story inside the game is in 3D. Just brilliant.CAROLINE: So talk about Academy Award winner Jeff Bridges already.RYAN: Who? ...he's terrif. The effect of euthanizing him... No they didn't kill him. That's not the word. You know, making him look 30 years younger... it's just so cool!CAROLINE: [laughs] And how about the main guy?RYAN: He's great and he has the obligatory hot hero body. But my favorite perf in the movie is one of my favorite actors, Michael Sheen. He's just in it for a memorable moment but oh boy! He's genius in this film. He dances and everything.CAROLINE: You love him. I'm just afraid this would be too sci-fi'y for my taste.RYAN: You know, I don't think so. It's also a great story with metaphors and family and it's just so much fun to escape into it for the while.CAROLINE: I think I'll just have to take your word for it. I'm sure people will love it and it will do really well and there will be even more sequels.RYAN: I doubt they'll let decades go between them though.-- BOTTOM LINE --RYAN: Not only a completely worthy sequel, it stands alone as an amazing movie. Obviously it's not garnering awards momentum at this time of year but it's easily one of of the year's most exciting.-- RATING --Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

actress film script comedy drama

No comments:

Post a Comment