Sunday, November 21, 2010

YOU WILL MEET A TALL DARK STRANGER

CAROLINE: I'm pleased to report that the recently released Woody Allen movie, You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger, is perfectly enjoyable.RYAN: Honey, why wouldn't it be? We love Woody - sometimes.CAROLINE: Exactly. And I'd heard very mixed things about this movie. I suspected I'd like it because of the cast, which is fab - Josh Brolin, Naomi Watts, Anthony Hopkins, Antonio Banderas, Freida Pinto and the fabulous Lucy Punch.RYAN: I love her!! She's having a big year what with this and her great turn in Dinner for Schmucks. You must rent that movie if only to see her in it.CAROLINE: I fully intend to. I had no idea she was such a hottie! She plays the girlfriend of Anthony Hopkins after he divorces his wife and has a mid-life crisis, and their scenes are priceless.RYAN: So what's the movie about?CAROLINE: Basically it follows a family and their struggles with marriage, career and relationships. I know that sounds boring, but it's not. It's actually very clever and funny. It's not classic Woody, but it's totally fun.RYAN: Aren't Josh Brolin and Naomi Watts married in the movie?CAROLINE: Yes, but he's having problems with his writing career and takes an interest in their neighbor, Freida Pinto, who you'll remember from Slumdog Millionaire. She's beyond gorgeous.RYAN: Nice to see her in another movie, finally. CAROLINE: Yeah, and she's got another big one that's getting a lot of buzz coming out this fall called Miral.RYAN: Josh Brolin looks a little chunky in the ads. CAROLINE: Yeah, he's supposed to be shlumpy in this and I read that he put on weight for the role so he's not his usual glorious self. I know that will disappoint you. But he has a fabulous plot point that made me LOL at the end. It's a very funny, somewhat dark movie. I enjoyed all the story lines equally.RYAN: And Naomi Watts does a British accent, right?CAROLINE: Honey, you'd never even know she's Australian in real life.-- BOTTOM LINE --CAROLINE: I totally dug this little movie. It's not getting the praise that Vicky Cristina Barcelona did, and rightly so, but it's still very funny and a little bit twisted. I laughed out loud a few times and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Not a must see on the big screen but definitely a great rental.-- RATING --Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

script comedy drama action movies

No comments:

Post a Comment