Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Trailer Tuesdays!

RYAN: We've gotten the Halloween movies out of our system and now it's time for some real Oscar contenders, people. Between now and the end of December, we're looking at great new releases pretty much every weekend and I'm so excited!CAROLINE: Me too!! One of my most anticipated movies of the season, 127 Hours, comes out this Friday in limited release, so definitely look for it in your city. If it's not there this weekend, it'll be coming soon.RYAN: This is the movie where James Franco plays the guy who had to cut off his own arm after getting caught in a crevasse while hiking. Scary stuff. It's directed by Danny Boyle, so you know it's going to be amazing. CAROLINE: It's gotten great buzz for James Franco as well as the overall film. Danny Boyle is so fab. I'm really excited to see what he'll do with this story.RYAN: This is a definite Oscar contender. I just hope they don't focus too long on the actual cutting off of the arm.CAROLINE: Yes, please. I'm hoping that scene is short and sweet. Apparently some people have fainted after seeing it. Let's hope that doesn't happen to you.RYAN: [laughs] You know I've got a stomach of steel. You're the one who should be worried, honey. Check out the awesome trailer here: CAROLINE: Next up is Megamind. Ugh - another kids' movie.RYAN: Oh please, I don't want to hear it from you! You've barely seen any animated movies this year. Won't you make an exception for this one?CAROLINE: Possibly. I'm not a huge Will Ferrell fan, but I like Tina Fey, Jonah Hill, Brad Pitt and some of the other voices in the movie. It just looks so silly.RYAN: It's from DreamWorks Animation, and it's in 3D, so you know it's going to be high quality. I think it looks really cute; even though Will Ferrell is generally annoying.CAROLINE: At least we know there's no chance of having to see him run around in his underwear in this movie. Thank God for small favors. Watch the trailer here: RYAN: There's also a new Tyler Perry movie coming out this weekend, which for once doesn't have his name in the title.CAROLINE: I think I will live a long fruitful life if I never see another Tyler Perry movie. This one could be better than his average though, since he didn't write it on his own. It's based on a play, and it's called For Colored Girls. RYAN: I'm thinking the best thing about this movie is the cast - Janet Jackson, Thandie Newton, Anika Noni Rose, Phylicia Rashad, Kerry Washington and Whoopi Goldberg to name a few.CAROLINE: So far I've heard very bad things about this movie. The trailer doesn't appeal to me at all, though I'm admittedly not the target audience. Tyler Perry just isn't very good, I'm sorry.RYAN: It looks so earnest. I've enjoyed some of his movies in the past though, so I'd see this one for free. But I'm not really that psyched for it. I much prefer his Madea movies.CAROLINE: They're making it like this is his first big Oscar movie, but with the buzz it's gotten so far, I'm thinking that won't be the case. His movies usually kill at the box office though so it'll be interesting to see what happens this weekend. Watch the trailer here: RYAN: Finally, we have Due Date, a comedy starring Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis.CAROLINE: I'm not sure how to feel about this one. I love RD Jr. of course, but I'm very lukewarm on Zach G. He's just completely unfunny in this trailer. I don't think I've ever laughed once watching it. RYAN: I don't know - I think it could be funny like The Hangover or something. It's from the same director, Todd Phillips. I loooove RD Jr. too, so I'm looking forward to it mostly for him. But Zach was really good in Dinner for Schmucks earlier this year, which you haven't seen yet. CAROLINE: Obviously I'll give it a shot, but I'm definitely going in with low expectations. I'm psyched for the supporting cast though - Juliette Lewis, Jamie Foxx, Michelle Monaghan and Danny McBride. RYAN: Now you've got the right attitude! I think it'll make us laugh. Check out the trailer here: Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

box office director actor actress film

No comments:

Post a Comment