Tuesday, November 23, 2010

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 2

RYAN: Paranormal Activity 2 didn't screen for critics but it was Halloween and I was in the mood so I checked it out yesterday.CAROLINE: And how was it?RYAN: Well I was terribly annoyed by some A-hole in front of me who kept texting and each button he'd press on his phone beeped. I asked him to stop once and he did but resumed an hour later.CAROLINE: That is Beyond Rangoon and unacceptable. So how was the movie?RYAN: It was good. I mean, it was actually scary.CAROLINE: That's cool. We saw the first one together and it was just so slow and we felt like it didn't live up to the hype.RYAN: Totally. And I expected more of the same but this one actually picks up about a third of the way in and then maintains and is much creepier and freaky.CAROLINE: So it's heftier than just a lot of things going bump in the night?RYAN: Yeah and it's truly clever. It's actually 95% a prequel to the first one which is neat because the original actors are in it and then the last 5% is what happened next, after the first film so it really spans the story.CAROLINE: Does it explain some more about the first one too?RYAN: Absolutely and it's so effed up what happens. But I have to say one snarky thing.CAROLINE: Honey, this is a safe place. Share.RYAN: [laughs] The girl from the first one who's here again looks a lil chunkier to me now - though it's supposed to be a prequel. And then when it shows brief footage of the first one you see how much thinner she was and then you see her again and it's, like, whoa.CAROLINE: You'd think the producers would have encouraged her to get back to the same weight.RYAN: I didn't see production notes so we may never know.CAROLINE: Any other dish?RYAN: It's the same template - a haunting/possession seen through home movies and surveillance. The acting is all pretty good and it's crazy how a film can still be compelling when almost entirely shot within the same, like, six frames.CAROLINE: That is cool.-- BOTTOM LINE --RYAN: Much better than Saw 3D. And even much better than the first Paranormal Activity. It got me and I enjoyed it.-- RATING --Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

spider-man box office director actor actress

No comments:

Post a Comment