Thursday, November 25, 2010

Box Office Results

1. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1," $125.1 million.2. "Megamind," $16.2 million.3. "Unstoppable," $13.1 million.4. "Due Date," $9.2 million.5. "The Next Three Days," $6.8 million.6. "Morning Glory," $5.2 million.7. "Skyline," $3.4 million.8. "Red," $2.5 million.9. "For Colored Girls," $2.4 million.10. "Fair Game," $1.5 million.RYAN: I love a good Harry Potter weekend and this one earned the franchise the highest grossing opening weekend ever!CAROLINE: I'm not surprised. It's the start to last book in the series and there's also higher ticket prices.RYAN: I don't know that prices are that much higher since July '09 but maybe in some cities.CAROLINE: In New York for sure.RYAN: Regardless, Hollywood counts this as the sixth best opening weekend in history and I'm so psyched because I love this movie so much.CAROLINE: I bet there are other die hard HP fans like you out there who probably saw it multiple times as well.RYAN: I've seen it four times even before the weekend began and when I was out this weekend, seeing people in Gryffindor colors and overhearing them talk about the movie I almost wanted to interject.CAROLINE: Aren't you glad there's one more to look forward to in July?RYAN: Yes. But it's so bittersweet since it'll be the last one ever. You know I'd take a new one every year.CAROLINE: It's funny how there's, like, a $110 million gap between the numbers 1 and 2 in the top ten this weekend. And it's not even Russell Crowe's new movie.RYAN: Yeah. The Next Three Days pretty much tanked.CAROLINE: It was really lame of them, as would be the case for any movie, to open the same weekend as a new Harry Potter.RYAN: Amen.Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

actor actress film script comedy

No comments:

Post a Comment