Friday, March 23, 2012

WANDERLUST

CAROLINE: I have been highly anticipating the new movie Wanderlust, largely due to its fabulous cast. I'm so happy I got to go to the advanced screening.

RYAN: I'm s'happy too. It's always one of my ain true loves, seeing a movie with you!

CAROLINE: This movie made me LOL several times. I really can't get enough of Paul Rudd. He's kind of perfect.

RYAN: He's always been quirky-funny; almost like the dude version of Zooey Deschanel and this role gave him even more opportunity to dole it out. He really works his facial expressions and voice into hilarity in this film.

CAROLINE: I also loved seeing all the old cast members from The State, which I used to watch on MTV all the time - Michael Showalter, Michael Ian Black, Ken Marino, Joe Lo Truglio,
Kerri Kenney-Silver and of course the director of the film, David Wain, who has a cameo. And if you don't know those peeps, there are plenty of other faces you'll recognize.

RYAN: They're in it just a bit and are funny; but I was more impressed with the main supporting cast - Justin Theroux (and his chemistry with Jenny Ani), Malin Ackerman, and Paul Rudd's on-screen brother and sister-in-law. They were frickin' HIGH-larious! I actually was hoping for much more with them.

CAROLINE: LBH, the movie is a little formulaic and rom-com-esque. Of course, you can predict how it ends and what some of the gags will be. But watching these actors and enjoying them as I did made me not care at all if the movie was a tad predictable.

RYAN: I think it's a pretty original story and I fully enjoyed it. What did confuse me, however, was that at no point did either Jenny or Paul look at each other and question whether this group was a cult.

CAROLINE: That didn't occur to me. It was just a commune type place. What did you think of Jenny Ani's real-life main squeeze, Justin Theroux?

RYAN: He impressed me. He's as good of an actor as he is a writer.

CAROLINE: I think he's pretty funny, I must say. He seems like he doesn't take himself or his whole newfound fame as boyfriend of an A-lister too seriously.

RYAN: I like them as a couple. And he's been a Hollywood all star for quite some time, as a screenwriter and character actor.

CAROLINE: Lastly, I'd like to applaud the length of this movie - about 90 minutes. Even having Judd Apatow as a producer didn't prevent them from keeping it short and sweet.

-- BOTTOM LINE --

RYAN: Once again, a comedy kissed by Judd Apatow delivers on so many levels. It's a terrifically funny, very adult comedy. I dare you to see it and not laugh.

CAROLINE: I really liked this movie. It's so much funnier than This Means War, the cast is great and it's a good little laugh in a season when there aren't very many good movies. It could probably be a rental but if you love this cast like we do, go check it out on the big screen and laugh with an audience.

-- RATING --

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/WeSeeMovies/~3/BqOOaau68XQ/wanderlust.html

actress film script comedy drama

No comments:

Post a Comment