Saturday, December 18, 2010

2011 SAG Awards Nominations

CAROLINE: The most pretentious of all the awards shows, the SAGs, has just announced its nominations for 2011. A lot of it is the same old stuff we're seeing with the GGs and the Critics' Choice Movie Awards, but there are also a couple of surprises.RYAN: Hello Hilary Swank! She's been shut out for Conviction everywhere else, but snagged a Best Female Actor nom here.CAROLINE: I can't even deal with how they call the category Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor. It's called an Actress, people! Get over it!RYAN: I love your impression of how they kick off the awards show every year.CAROLINE: "When I was in first grade, I played an elf in the Christmas pageant at school. From that moment on, I knew what I would do with the rest of my life. My name is Anne Hathway, and I'm an actor." I mean, the actors themselves can barely keep a straight face while saying this crap. RYAN: I know you have issues with it, but it's always a fun show because all the stars come out for it and all of the categories are good. It's the stuff we care about without all the technical awards.CAROLINE: I know, but I still love to mock it. Other surprises include a Best Supporting Actor nom for the guy in Winter's Bone, and both the Supporting Actress and full cast nominations for Black Swan. Mostly people have been talking just about Natalie Portman's performance, but now Mila Kunis might have a real shot at an Oscar nod.RYAN: Meanwhile, I'm just thrilled that Winona Ryder has two noms. I smell a comeback!CAROLINE: I know you love her, honey. But I haven't even heard of that TV movie she was nominated for.RYAN: The SAG Awards will air on Saturday, January 30th. Here's the list of nominees in the film categories: OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A CAST IN A MOTION PICTURE "Black Swan" "The Fighter" "The Kids Are Alright" "The King's Speech" "The Social Network" OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A MALE ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE Jesse Eisenberg, "The Social Network" Colin Firth, "The King's Speech" James Franco, "127 Hours" Jeff Bridges, "True Grit" Robert Duvall, "Get Low" OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A FEMALE ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE Annette Benning, "The Kids Are Alright" Nicole Kidman, "The Rabbit Hole" Jennifer Lawrence, "Winter's Bone" Natalie Portman, "Black Swan" Hilary Swank, "Conviction" OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A MALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE Christian Bale, "The Fighter" Mark Ruffalo, "The Kids Are Alright" John Hawkes, "Winter's Bone" Jeremy Renner, "The Town" Geoffrey Rush, "The King's Speech" OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A FEMALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE Amy Adams, "The Fighter" Helena Bonham Carter, "The King's Speech" Mila Kunis, "Black Swan" Melissa Leo, "The Fighter" Hailee Steinfeld, "True Grit" Cheeky & Fresh Movie Reviews

comedy drama action movies movie trailers

No comments:

Post a Comment