Sunday, April 8, 2012

Box Office Results

  1. The Vow, $41.7 million
  2. Safe House, $39.3 million
  3. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, $27.6 million
  4. Star Wars: Episode 1?The Phantom Menace, $23 million
  5. Chronicle, $12.3 million
  6. The Woman in Black, $10.3 million
  7. The Grey, $5.1 million
  8. Big Miracle, $3.9 million
  9. The Descendants, $3.5 million
10. Underworld Awakening, $2.5 million

RYAN: I'm glad but also surprised that The Vow did so well this weekend.

CAROLINE: You are?! I'm shocked. It's not even a romantic comedy and it managed to beat the new Denzel action movie and Star Wars in 3D!

RYAN: It is quite the feat. I liked it more than you did and Channing Tatum must be thrilled; but it must really be due to the fact audiences loved Rachel so much in The Notebook and she just works brilliantly in this genre.

CAROLINE: Agreed, but I'm still dying to prove she can do something else at this point.

RYAN: As long as she keeps working, I won't complain. She is a very talented actress.

CAROLINE: Star Wars did ok. I, personally, don't know anyone who went to see it this weekend but I imagine George Lucas was hoping it would have done better.

RYAN: Yeah, it can't have been cheap to convert that to 3D but once it come out on 3D dvd, it'll sell to the diehard Star Wars fans, even the ones who don't yet own a 3D TV, I bet.

CAROLINE: Between that and Journey 2 in 3D, I guess the weekend proves 3D isn't the draw Hollywood hopes it would be.

RYAN: Safe House turned out to be the second biggest opening of Denzel's career.

CAROLINE: I still wanna see it.

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/WeSeeMovies/~3/HaY7Lv7Nwpo/box-office-results.html

director actor actress film script

No comments:

Post a Comment